Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Keto Community

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out my first post with helpful links and tips regarding all that is Keto, from recipes to healthful tips on maintaining the Keto Zone!

Something super important to me, that I never knew I would be able to establish on my Keto journey so far, is a bond and topic I could really relate to with my mom. The Keto Diet is one of the only diets I have seen truly have an effect on my mom, both physically and mentally.  She has been 'living keto' for close to a year now. She exercises regularly, at least twice a week and even though I am a collegiate athlete, she has truly inspired me to create a better and healthier lifestyle for myself.

There were many phone calls talking about things I had no knowledge about whatsoever, like ketones, and magnesium, and collagen, and blood pressure zones, and painfully so many more. My mom thinks our family thinks shes crazy, but I found it so inspiring that she was not only able to find a community that benefited her health but also a community she felt like she belonged to. It was so inspiring because it was a side of my mom I always knew was there, but had never seen it before.

She and I have a very similar physique. Very short, 5 foot 2', blonde hair, slight hour glass figure, and muscular. But she never saw herself like I did. She was a collegiate cheerleader herself, she was also a member of many collegiate dance teams so she held a great, healthy body shape her whole life. She started a family with my older sister first, then myself, and lastly, my little brother. Having three kids, putting them through school, and putting your family first before yourself always can become very overwhelming, it is though she forgot about herself and the things she loved and needed for herself.

Through the Keto community, she found belongingness. She found something in her that made her strive for self-betterment and self-love. She did this for herself, and just like college athletics, I'm following her foot steps.

That is why I am living keto.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RODs

A humongous problem I felt that I was going to run into before I started living keto was the food. I had no idea what I was going to eat, an...