Wednesday, February 28, 2018

My Cause

As mentioned in my previous post, there is something so contagious about someone acknowledging their lack of self-love for themselves. A movement that is also incredibly important to me, that I came across just entering college is a movement called The Self-Love Movement. This movement targets women with low self-esteem, and encourages a healthy, happy life, with themselves and with everyone around them. 



Creator Alana Avanitis had this to say about her rising movement:

"Live with an open heart and bathe in a sea of self-love. It is not selfish to love yourself unconditionally. In fact, it is absolutely necessary! Your entire world is reflective of the relationship you have with self. It’s time to nourish and nurture this connection and watch your life begin to magically blossom through the power of Self-Love.Self-Love is the act of putting your own happiness & well-being first, something that is lacking within our current society.


It all starts with SELF."
Before incorporating a diet that I knew was going to beneficially change my lifestyle, I realized that I needed to love myself before I could change myself. I had to determine what I loved about who I was before I could begin this new lifestyle.

I am more than an athlete, I am more than a student. I am more than a server at a restaurant. I am human and I make mistakes. But one thing I knew for certain was that I was my biggest critic. Coming to terms with that was the biggest uprising of self-esteem I could have given myself. 



For more information of the Self-Love Movement, check out their website at:
http://theself-lovemovement.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

RODs

A humongous problem I felt that I was going to run into before I started living keto was the food. I had no idea what I was going to eat, an...