Wednesday, January 31, 2018

What is "Keto"??

My name is Hanna Crist. I am 21 years old, and I am taking on the Ketogenic diet.


Throughout my life, friends and family of mine would agree that I am an active, athletic person. However, after my retirement from college soccer at my university, I had decided that now was a great time to start eating healthy and finding ways to compensate for my decline in top-notch daily exercise, in hopes of finding a diet that was easy to obtain, enjoyable, and relevant to my lifestyle. Then, my lovely mother introduced me to a diet she had just started called the Ketogenic diet: a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. This low carb diet produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into a metabolic state of ketosis, a natural process adapting the body to be able to thrive when food intake is low. During ketosis, the body produces ketones which breakdown fats within the liver. Ultimately, the goal is not to starve our bodies of calories, rather starvation of carbohydrates.

And the best part? **MOST OF THE KETOGENIC FRIENDLY RECIPES CAN BE EASILY MODIFIED FOR GLUTEN AND DAIRY ALLERGIES!!!**


The Ketogenic diet has an unlimited amount of health benefits to offer. Many of those benefits include weight loss, controlled blood sugar, mental focus, increased energy, normalized hunger, control of epilepsy episodes, cholesterol improvements, insulin resistance, and acne improvements. The diet also has an abundance of research to back up that the diet is also helping people suffering with:


  • type 1 & 2 diabetes
  • alzheimer's 
  • parkinson's
  • chronic inflammation
  • obesity
  • polysystic ovary syndrome
  • fatty liver disease
  • cancer
  • migraines
IT LITERALLY HELPS IMPROVE ALMOST EVERYTHING WITHIN THE BODY!! What's stopping you from giving your body what it deserves??

This is not by any means, a blog persuading you that this diet is the best diet there is. Everyone's body is going to respond different to diets, depending on your lifestyle and your drive towards achieving your goal. This blog is here to document my attack on a healthy lifestyle and to show you guys all the physical and mental benefits there are to living keto!!

For more resources, the most useful sites I have found are:


https://ketodash.com/ketogenic-diet (detailed explanation of a keto diet)

https://ketodash.com/food (full list of foods and substitutes that are keto friendly)




No comments:

Post a Comment

RODs

A humongous problem I felt that I was going to run into before I started living keto was the food. I had no idea what I was going to eat, an...